What type of property valuation do I need?

We offer a whole host of property valuation services and products, each best suited to a particular need.

Here is a list and description of the main ones, but if you are still confused or unsure, just give us a call on 029 2037 0100 or email

This type of report is extremely basic, it comments on the size, location, value and reinstatement cost.

In the majority of cases, it would be used by mortgage lenders; however you will need to ensure that your lender will accept this valuation in respect of lending purposes, as some lenders do prefer to use their own Surveyors.

In cases of divorce and separation, it is usually necessary for matrimonial houses or shared property to be valued to decide how the assets will be shared.

Many matrimonial valuations are carried out by a qualified surveyor appointed by both parties in the divorce, with an independent valuation report provided for the court.

Where a person dies leaving property, it is a legal requirement that the Executor of the estate has the property valued, as at the date of death, before a Probate Certificate can be issued, which will then been used to calculate inheritance tax.

The solicitor acting on behalf of the estate will request that any property is valued by a Chartered Surveyor to ascertain its value. We have a vast amount of experience in this field and will be able to provide you with a fast and efficient service in what is a very stressful and upsetting time.

It is important that your residential and commercial property is valued correctly, especially if it has been renovated, extended or refurbished in any way, as these changes will need to be taken into account when calculating that your property is adequately insured.

We can carry out this valuation to ensure you are fully insured.

Leaseholders of houses have a legal right under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967 to buy the freehold of their houses, if they meet certain quality criteria.

Alternatively they can negotiate to purchase the freehold by mutual agreement outside the provision of the 1967 Act.

We have experience and can help.

Buying the Freehold in a residential block adds value to your flat and gives you more control.

You can, together with other leaseholders in the building, group together and go through a process of ‘collective enfranchisement’. This just means you can, by law, force the landlord to sell the freehold to you, provided you comply with the requirements.

If your flat is leasehold it is important you know the amount of time left on the Lease, as short lease terms, those below 80 years, can affect the value of the property as well as a potential for a buyer to secure a mortgage on it.

The 1993 Leasehold Reform Act allows most leaseholders to extend their leases by up to 90 years, which will potentially improve the value of the property.

We can carry out a valuation of your property and establish the likely cost of extending the lease and then serve notice on the freeholder.